Subject: Re: Image Processing Package on X11 named korus

From: [email-masked] (merlin)
Date: 29 Jan 1994 06:21:03 -0800

For more information check newsgroup 'khoros' -- there is a long FAQ.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jon Morris-Smith)
Date: 31 Jan 94 11:34:54

On 29 Jan 1994 06:21:03 -0800, [email-masked] (merlin) said:

M> For more information check newsgroup 'khoros' -- there is a long FAQ.

	There is also a 'Meta FAQ' which is enclosed below:

				Khoros Meta-FAQ
			Last updated: August 9 1993

	Topics marked with
		+ new since last time
		* changed since last time
						
	 1. Frequently Asked Questions about Khoros
	 2. Khoros Mailing List
	 3. Getting Khoros
	 4. Khoros 2.0
	 5. Anonymous FTP sites

------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Frequently Asked Questions about Khoros

	general-FAQ -- General questions & answers		(monthly)
	compile-FAQ -- compiling Khoros & new programs		(monthly)
	image-FAQ   -- Image Processing with Khoros  		(monthly)
	meta-FAQ    -- This file				(weekly)

	The FAQs are available via ftp, in $KHOROS_FTP/release/, where
	$KHOROS_FTP is the top directory of the distribution on the ftp
	sites, such as /pub/khoros.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Khoros Mailing List

	The khoros mailing list is bi-directionally gatewayed onto the
	USENET newsgroup comp.soft-sys.khoros.  To be added to, or
	removed from, the list, mail: [email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Getting Khoros

	Khoros is available for free via anonymous ftp (see point 5).
	You can also order a tape and printed manual (cost: media+shipping),
	mail [email-masked] for details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Khoros 2.0

	Khoros 2.0 will be available to the general public early in 1994.
	Consortium members have the second alpha release, and will get one
	more release (beta) before the public release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Anonymous FTP sites
							$KHOROS_FTP =
	USA	ftp.eece.unm.edu	129.24.24.119	/pub/khoros
	USA	ftp.uu.net		192.48.96.9	/pub/window-sys/khoros
	CANADA	popeye.genie.uottawa.ca	137.122.20.3	/pub/khoros
	GERMANY	ftp.rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE	134.95.80.5	/graph/khoros
	GERMANY	ftp.lrz-muenchen.de	129.187.10.35	/local/khoros
	ITALY	ipifidpt.difi.unipi.it	131.114.8.130	/pub/khoros
	JAPAN	ftp.waseda.ac.jp	133.9.1.32	/pub/khoros
	UK	unix.hensa.ac.uk	129.12.21.7
						/pub/uunet/window-sys/khoros

	Pull back the file $KHOROS_FTP/release/install.ftp and read it first.
	Please use the site closest to you.

--
BCNU
Jon

----------------------------------------------------------------------
J.D.Morris Smith,		     The Medical Imaging Project
School of Computer Science,	
University of Birmingham,	Email:	[email-masked]
Birmingham,			Tel: 	+44-(0)21 414 3734
B15 2TT, England.		Fax: 	+44-(0)21 414 4281