Subject: Re: ftp-site for Khoros wanted

From: [email-masked] (Jon Morris-Smith)
Date: 19 Jan 94 10:13:00

"G" == Gert van der Plas <[email-masked]> writes:

G> I'm looking for an ftp-site where I can extract KHOROS. I heard that it
G> was Public Domain. And I would like to give it a try one one off our
G> DEC's

G> Can anyone give directions ?

Khoros is abailable from the following sites:

USA     ftp.eece.unm.edu        129.24.24.119   /pub/khoros
USA     ftp.uu.net              192.48.96.9     /pub/window-sys/khoros
CANADA  popeye.genie.uottawa.ca 137.122.20.3    /pub/khoros
GERMANY ftp.rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE    134.95.80.5     /graph/khoros
GERMANY ftp.lrz-muenchen.de     129.187.10.35   /local/khoros
ITALY   ipifidpt.difi.unipi.it  131.114.8.1300  /pub/khoros
JAPAN   ftp.waseda.ac.jp        133.9.1.32      /pub/khoros
UK      unix.hensa.ac.uk        129.12.21.7     /pub/uunet/window-sys/khoros

        Pull back the file $KHOROS_FTP/release/install.ftp and read it
first.

--
BCNU
Jon

----------------------------------------------------------------------
J.D.Morris Smith,		     The Medical Imaging Project
School of Computer Science,	
University of Birmingham,	Email:	[email-masked]
Birmingham,			Tel: 	+44-(0)21 414 3734
B15 2TT, England.		Fax: 	+44-(0)21 414 4281

---

From: [email-masked] (Neil Bowers)
Date: 19 Jan 1994 18:01:30 GMT

Gert van der Plas ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I'm looking for an ftp-site where I can extract KHOROS. I heard that it
: was Public Domain.

It's not public domain, it's freely available, but copyrighted, software.

The following is taken from the Meta-FAQ, posted to comp.soft-sys.khoros
on a weekly basis.

	----------------------------------------------------------------
	5. Anonymous FTP sites
							$KHOROS_FTP =
	USA	ftp.eece.unm.edu	129.24.24.119	/pub/khoros
	USA	ftp.uu.net		192.48.96.9	/pub/window-sys/khoros
	CANADA	popeye.genie.uottawa.ca	137.122.20.3	/pub/khoros
	GERMANY	ftp.rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE	134.95.80.5	/graph/khoros
	GERMANY	ftp.lrz-muenchen.de	129.187.10.35	/local/khoros
	ITALY	ipifidpt.difi.unipi.it	131.114.8.130	/pub/khoros
	JAPAN	ftp.waseda.ac.jp	133.9.1.32	/pub/khoros
	UK	unix.hensa.ac.uk	129.12.21.7
						/pub/uunet/window-sys/khoros

	Pull back the file $KHOROS_FTP/release/install.ftp and read it first.
	Please use the site closest to you.

neilb