Subject: Re: HIPS format to any other formaT??

From: [email-masked] (Richard Moore)
Date: 2 Feb 94 15:10:15 GMT

[email-masked] (Rao Surapaneni) writes:

>Hi,
>	I have some images in HIPS format.
>	Can anyone point me to any utilities which can convert them 
>	to any other format?

>thanx
>mani

>[email-masked]

ftp to ftp.x.org  and get the portable bitmap utilities from the /contrib
directory. This are a set up Unix functions to convert image file formats
to the portable bitmap format and back to other image formats.

Richard Moore
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (YAU Chor Tung ~{SN4!6+~})
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 12:36:06 GMT

>[email-masked]

There is a utility program hipstotiff within the HIPS package that
converts HIPS format image file to 24bit tiff images file.  There is
also a tifftohips that do the reverse.  There are many utility programs
that converts tiff to other formats and vice versa.

There is also a utility program stripheader within the HIPS package
that strip off the image header in HIPS format image, resulting in 
raw pixel data that can be read into Matlab or IMSL/IDL.

--
| YAU, Chor Tung  游础东,            [email-masked]    |
| M. Phil. student,                      (852)609-8395       |
| Computer Science Department,           905, HSH Eng. Bldg. |
| The Chinese University of Hong Kong.                       |