Subject: Re: TIFF format info...

From: [email-masked] (Ferdinand Che)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 94 11:44:18 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> Berend Ozceri <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>I need information on the TIFF format. Also UNIX utilities to convert
>TIFFs to other formats would be helpful. I don't know if this makes a
>difference, but the TIFFs come from a NeXT Cube.
>
>Berend Ozceri
>Carnegie Mellon University
>

Try using the utility: tifftopnm (also check the man pages for this, you may find
this helpful).

     tifftopnm - convert a TIFF file into a portable anymap
 
     Reads a TIFF file as input.  Produces a portable  anymap  as
     output.   The  type  of the output file depends on the input
     file - if it's black & white, a pbm file is written, else if
     it's  grayscale  a  pgm  file, else a ppm file.  The program
     tells you which type it is writing.
 
Hope that helps!

Feddy

--
	****  Electronics Laboratory, University of Kent at Canterbury	****
	****  Kent CT2 7NX, Tel: 0227 - 764000 (days)			****
	****	or 0227 - 763902 (evenings) ext 3718 / 3192 		****
	****			Fax: 0227-456084			****