Subject: Re: FTP site for NIH IMAGE for Windows?

From: [email-masked] (John C. Gilkey)
Date: 12 May 1994 19:08:11 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Linas Petras) wrote:

> Is their a site with the source files in a DOS or Unix readable format (tar?).

NIH Image source code files (Think C for the Macintosh) can be found at
zippy.nimh.nih.gov, dir pub/image.

---

From: [email-masked] (John C. Gilkey)
Date: 12 May 1994 19:10:07 GMT

> Is their a site with the source files in a DOS or Unix readable format (tar?).

Sorry, the NIH Image source code at zippy.nimh.nih.gov, dir pub/image is in
Symantec's Pascal for the Macintosh, not Think C.

---

From: [email-masked] (John Bredesen)
Date: 12 May 1994 16:14:50 GMT

(Linas Petras) wrote:

> John C. Gilkey ([email-masked]) wrote:
> :    NIH-Image makes heavy use of graphics routines in the Macintosh ROM.  No
> : one has yet made the considerable effort that would be required to port it
> : to DOS machines.
> 

NIH Image does not exist for any platform other than the Macintosh.  It
makes heavy use of the inner graphics workings of the Mac and can only be
ported with difficulty.

John Bredesen
[email-masked]