Subject: WFC exploder

From: [email-masked] (Don Wells)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 92 16:11:39 EST

Dear friends of FITS,

There was a consensus at the WGAS meeting in Columbus in June that Bob
Hanisch (WGAS Chairman) should appoint a WGAS FITS Committee [WFC].
Bob and I discussed the membership of the proposed Committee during
the ADASS-92 meeting earlier this week, and made up a list of 18
people who we believe will be reasonably representative of North
American astronomy.

I have created an Email exploder which uses this list, and this
message is the first transmission.  The address of the exploder for
regular traffic will be "[email-masked]", and administrative traffic
should be sent to "[email-masked]".

Bob and I expect that all 18 people will be willing to serve, but we
have not yet explicitly asked some of you. If any of you who receive
this message are not able to serve on the WGAS FITS Committee please
inform Bob ([email-masked]) and/or me ([email-masked]).

Regards,
Don

Donald C. Wells             Associate Scientist        [email-masked]
National Radio Astronomy Observatory                   +1-804-296-0277
520 Edgemont Road                                 Fax= +1-804-296-0278
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA            78:31.1W, 38:02.2N