Subject: Returned mail: unknown mailer error 1

From: MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 92 17:43:09 EST

----- Transcript of session follows -----
/bin/sh: /fits/dwells/FITS/wfc.log: Permission denied
554 "|/bin/sh -c 'cat >> /fits/dwells/FITS/wfc.log'"... unknown mailer error 1

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 92 15:42:57 MST
From: [email-masked] (Doug Tody)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: binary tables discussion
Sender: [email-masked]

> people are available to do so.   Should we appoint a subcommittee of
> WFC members to review and (possibly) redraft the appendices and
> resubmit them to the full WFC (and sci.astro.fits) for consideration?

Bill, in this case I think you and I should try to draft something we can
agree on.  If it is to be included in the BT document in the near future
then the authors (currently Bill Cotton and myself) would have to agree to
include it.  Hence, the three of us form a logical group to thrash this
out.  I suggest we try that approach first.  If later we decide to not
include this as an appendix to the BT paper then an arbitrary set of people
could be assembled and the result would be a separate paper describing a BT
layered convention.  Or, we could just agree to freeze the BT paper in its
current state and proceed with the vote, then introduce this as a separate
layered convention later.  Either way I am interested in helping define this
once time permits.  Ultimately I imagine there will be many layered
conventions for binary tables defining how to represent different types of
data.            - Doug