Subject: [wfc] FITS NOST

From: Peter Teuben <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 10:20:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hello WGAS FITS Committee members. 

Before I am heading out for a week vacation, I wanted to give you all a
heads up message that past spring the new NOST FITS standard had been
finished after a very thorough series of community feedback (in case you
had missed this event).

We need to get this standard out and approved, ideally at next years
Manchester meeting, and thus the right thing to do is to have the regional
committees look over the standard and give it its blessing. 

Bill Pence had the latest edited version, and since he is a member of
this list, could he reflect back to us where the latest version is? It
was not there were the panel last picked it up from.

If you get a chance, pick up a copy and we should discuss this on this
list and come to a vote to put our stamp of approval on it. I will
call for a vote, before the ADASS meeting (Oct 3-6) if possible.

- peter

---

From: William Pence <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:26:06 -0400

Hello WGAS FITS Committee members,

The NOST approved version of the FITS Standard 100-2.0 is available in html,
PDF, or postscript versions at http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/

regards,
Bill Pence