Subject: NASA's Project STELAR announces a WWW server for public access

From: [email-masked] (Archie Warnock)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 93 10:34:03 -0400

The Astrophysics Data Facility, part of NASA's National Space Science
Data Center, and the STELAR Project announce the availability of a World
Wide Web server, providing access to a number of on-line databases and
services of interest to the astronomical community.  The server is
accessible to WWW clients like NCSA Mosaic (available from
ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu), Viola and the WWW LineMode browser (available
from info.cern.ch).

The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) for the ADF/STELAR home document is
http://hypatia.gsfc.nasa.gov:80/STELAR_homepage.html

Please report any problems and/or suggestions to me at
[email-masked].  

I am also collecting WWW homepage documents with the intention of making
them available through WAIS, as an experiment in combining the search
functionality of WAIS with the display and hypertext capabilities of WWW
and Mosaic.  If you run a WWW server and would like your home page
included in this database, just mail the HTML file to me.  

We continue to support WAIS sources of interest to the astronomical
community.  All are accessible through the NASA directory of servers.
The source file for NASA-directory-of-servers is included below.

My intention is to include any WAIS sources that might be of interest to
the NASA and/or astronomical communities in the
NASA-directory-of-servers.  Please feel free to send additional
sources to [email-masked]

Here are brief descriptions of all of the databases currently run from
the ADF by the STELAR Project:

AAS_jobs.src			- AAS Job Register Listings
AAS_meeting.src			- Abstracts for the most current AAS meeting
AAS_meeting_Summer92.src	- Abstracts for June '92 AAS meeting
AAS_meeting_Summer93.src	- Abstracts for June '93 AAS meeting
AAS_meeting_Winter93.src	- Abstracts for January '93 AAS meeting
abstracts.src			- NASA RECON abstracts for 8 journals
astropersons.src		- Chris Benn's e-mail addresses
ADC_documents.src		- Astronomical Data Center on-line docs
BGRASS-L.src			- Archives of BGRASS-L list server
NASA-directory-of-servers.src	- source of sources for NASA community
NASA_Missions.src		- NASA mission payload information
NSSDC_CD-ROM.src		- Descriptions of CD-ROMs available from NSSDC
SPACEWARN.src			- NASA SPACEWARN bulletins
WGAS.src			- Archives of WGAS-L list server

Here is the source file for the NASA-directory-of-servers.  Extract
between the dashed lines to the file NASA-directory-of-servers.src and
put the file in your wais-sources directory:
------------------------ CUT HERE --------------------------------
(:source 
   :version  3 
   :ip-name "ndadsb.gsfc.nasa.gov"
   :tcp-port 210
   :database-name "NASA-directory-of-servers"
   :cost 0.00 
   :cost-unit :free 
   :maintainer "[email-masked]"
   :description "Server created with WAIS release 8 b5.1 on May  5
14:05:34 1993 by warnock@Hypatia 

This database contains WAIS source files of interest to the NASA
community.  Some, but not all, are run by the STELAR project at the
National Space Science Data Center.  Others are here purely as a service
to the astronomy, astrophysics, planetary and space physics communities.
Direct queries about specific databases to the maintainers listed in the
individual source files.

"
)
------------------------ CUT HERE --------------------------------

_______________________________________________________________________
-- Archie Warnock              Internet:  [email-masked]
-- Hughes STX                  "Unix --- JCL For The 90s"
-- NASA/GSFC                   Project STELAR: WAIS to do science