Subject: Postscript copy of FITS User's Guide available

From: "BARRY M. SCHLESINGER" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 10:08:16 -0400

An exerimental PostScript copy of the User's Guide for FITS,
commissioned by NASA Headquarters, and maintained by the NOST FITS
Support Office, has been added to the anonymous ftp files in the FITS
directory at nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov.  This PostScript file was generated
by capturing the Macintosh MS Word original in PostScript format. 
Although it has been tested on other systems and printers here,
because of the well-known problems in converting Macintosh Word to
portable PostScript, we do not know how portable it will prove.  If
you retrieve it, please notify the FITS Support Office (NCF::FITS or
[email-masked]) electronic mail of the result.

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Wells)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 13:14:03 -0400

I printed it duplex (two-sided) on an HP LaserJet IIIsi printer.

Thanks for providing this, Barry. It is a great advance.

May I put a copy in /fits/documents/overviews ?

-Don