Subject: Re: FITSIO V3.3 is available

From: [email-masked] (Eric Mandel)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 93 13:54:51 -0400

Bill,

	Where can I get a copy of the C version of FITSIO?  I don't
see it in the fitsio directory on legacy or in the fitsio34.tar file.
I just built the Fortran version.  Do I need to start all over or is C
built on top of Fortran?

Eric

---

From: [email-masked] (William Pence)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 93 15:16:47 -0400

>I just built the Fortran version.  Do I need to start all over or is C

This question was not really intended for the whole WGAS list, but just
in case anyone else wants to know, the beta release of the CFITSIO code
is available by anonymous ftp from tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov in the
pub/cfitsio directory.  This C version is layered on top of the Fortran
version, so you will also need the V3.4 version of FITSIO from
legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov in subdirectory software/fitsio.  If you don't
have a fortran compiler available, you can run the FITSIO fortran
source code thought the 'f2c' preprocessor to turn it into C code.

This is still a beta test version of CFITSIO, but a number of people
have now been able to use it successfully for reading or writing FITS
files from C programs.

-Bill Pence