ALMA Science IPT Telecon
Phone Meeting 2003-June-10
- Call date: 2003-June-10 (Tuesday)
- Call time:
15:00 UT 1100EDT 0500CET
- Duration: 1 hr
- USA Number: 877-874-1919
- Outside USA Number: +1-712-934-1791
- Passcode: 185064
- Leader: Al Wootten
The enhanced Agenda
from last month's meeting is available, as are Minutes.
- Action items from before the previous meeting have
been grandfathered into the present list:
- Action items from previous meeting:
Action -- MH to consider Science losses in continuum images.
Please note ALMA Memo No. 466.
ACTION -- AB: Standing wave, bandpass memos to be distributed for comment
at next Science IPT meeting.
ACTION -- BB: Reference document for calibration is not available outside
the Science IPT. This should be placed on ALMAEDM for reference purposes.
Action -- Comments in to Richer by 20 May; revised data rate report due
by next meeting.
- Operations/Design Reference Mission working group (someone from WG)
Action -- Design reference mission needs to get off ground.
Stephane and Ewine circulated a proposed plan of action.
- MILESTONES: all leaders of level 3 milestones with upcoming
deadlines to report on status. The Milestones,
with project number, are available updated
for June 10.
New Business -- Agenda
- Next ANASAC Telecon 2003 Friday June 27
- ESAC Face-to-face 12 June
- Tentative next
ASAC Telecon 2 July
- July 3 ALMA
- September 5/6 (tentative)
ASAC meeting (Hamilton)
- October 13 AMAC
- November 3/4 ALMA
- November 6 ALMA
- Project news/updates (Guilloteau)
- Report from ALMA Week (Al, Stephane)
[Calibration, WVR to be reported separately under points 2 and 3]
mentioned by other IPTs and groups requiring Science IPT followup.
Reports from Subgroups
-1 Project Scientists
- ALMA Week discussions (Bryan), including
update on semi-transparent vane (Jesus)
- Status calibration plan and milestones (Bryan)
- standing wave, bandpass (Aurore, Stephane)
- others (Bryan)
- WVR review (John R, Richard)
-3.Design Reference Science Plan (Ewine, Stephane)
proposed plan of action outline circulated by Ewine
- statistics CSO, JCMT, ... line/continuum (Al,
-4. SSR (Lucas)
- Data rate report: final version? (John R)
- Report on SSR activities (Robert)
-6 Imaging (Gueth)
- Extended Array (Holdaway) Probable delay in milestone.
- Move Sequence (Conway)
- report on activities (Frederic)
-7 Site (Nyman)
- simulations gain stability (Marc)
- report on activities (Lars-Ake, Simon)
- Ancillary Devices latest draft (Hills, Richer)
-9 Any Other Matters Arising
-ALMA LO tests
JUN 27-27, 2003 2003 IEEE AP-S
INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM AND USNC/CNC/URSI NATIONAL RADIO SCIENCE MEETING
JUL 13-26, 2003 Twenty-Fifth General
Assembly of the IAU Abstracts due long ago.
JUL 27/25, 2003 IAU Symposium
(271): Star Formation at High Angular Resolution, Sydney, Australia. Tyler
Bourke is a co-chair of the scientific organizing committee. Good opportunity
to show ALMA capabilities.
SEP 22-26, 2003 4th
Cologne-Bonn-Zermatt-Symposium on The Dense Interstellar Medium in Galaxies