Crossover Office: Win Apps on Linux
Pros and Cons
- Gnome, KDE, command line: immediate access
- No need for a Windows OS install or license (vmware, dual boot)
- Needs much less memory and disk space, performance is better
- Integration with your Linux desktop "natural"
- Included documentation (I haven't needed it so far)
- User Support: ticket system, very responsive staff,
- Despite "unsupported" status, many programs will just
install and run.
- Not a "true" windows environment (but most stuff works well)
- IE Java Virtual Machine problems in IE6 (for now; may work
- List of supported apps, while significant, is not huge
- You can make things freeze up (movies in powerpoint?)
- Not optimal for "power" windows users.