ALMA Science Advisory Committee
Draft Agenda for ASAC Telecon Tuesday 4 January 2005
Conference Date: 2005-January-4 (Tuesday)
Here's the dial-in information for the telecon:
CALL TIME: 1030 am EST or 15:30
CALL DATE: 4 January-2005
- USA Number: 877-874-1919
- Outside USA Number: +1-203-320-9891
- Passcode: 185064
- Leader: Al Wootten
Notes of the last Meeting. Agenda of
Agenda and Minutes of telecons may be viewed at the ALMA Sitescape
(2) ALMA Calendar
- 4 Jan 2005 -- ASAC Telecon
- 5-7 Jan 2005 -- UNSC URSI Boulder meeting Commission J
- 11 Jan 2005 - ALMA Town Meeting, AAS San Diego; Agenda
- 27 Jan 2005 -- ALMA Board Telecon . Dates
- 24-25 Feb 2005 -- Projected date, ASAC face-to-face, Garching
- 24 Feb 2005 -- ALMA Board Telecon. Rebaselining to be
- 5-6 April 2005 -- ALMA Board Face-to-face meeting, Pasadena, CA.
1) Project Update ( Project Office: Tarenghi/Beasley)
2) Board Communications (Turner)
* Board -- Excerpt of Summary
of Conclusions and Actions relevant to ASAC.
* Next ASAC face-to-face meeting set for
Garching 24-25 February 2005.
3) Science IPT Items
IPT wiki page.
Science Specifications and Requirements (a Board document).
This has been reformatted substantially.
4) External Activities, SAC Reports
* ALMA at the IAU (Turner)
for pan-ALMA Science meeting. Volunteer/EU needed to chair
subcommittee consisting entirely of Carilli at the moment.
* ESAC (van Dishoeck)
* ANASAC (Carilli)
* Japan (Kawabe)
Upcoming Meetings - Wootten
Molecular Universe 27-29 October 2004, Paris NEW!
Star Birth: A Crossroads of Astrophysics 2005 May 16-20, Acireale (Catania), Italy
Universe: Recent Successes and Current Challenges 2005 August 29 -
2; Asilomar, California
Planets V 24 - 28 October 2005 Hilton Waikoloa Village,
Big Island, Hawaii
50th anniversary of the founding of NRAO October 15-19, 2006
Charlottesville, Virginia (tentative)